The purpose of the Montgomery County Medical Society is to serve its members by:
- Acting as a strong physician advocate within the boundaries of professional integrity while recognizing and representing the diversity within the medical community.
- Recognizing the health care needs of the community and acting as a patient advocate in response to those needs.
- Providing services that meet the professional needs and interests of the physician community.
- Promoting the positions of the profession and the Medical Society to the public.
- Taking a leadership role in informing the community about health issues.
- Preserving the professionalism in medicine.
- Promoting American freedoms of physicians and patients.